In our “Ambitions for 2027” strategy we committed to “develop and maintain active UKGBC networks in every region”. Our 2018-19 plan provided the foundation for this ambition. This represents a major strategic development for UKGBC, and is designed to reinforce and support a number of long-term objectives:
- Raise awareness of sustainability amongst all built environment professionals
- Grow our membership to be fully representative of the entire built environment sector
- Deepen and strengthen our members’ engagement with UKGBC activities
- Strengthening the relationship between industry and local government
- Driving stretching sustainability standards and best practice in cities and on major projects
Events and activities in Birmingham, Bristol, London and Manchester are a mixture of core UKGBC content (policy, research, education) accessible locally, and locally driven content specific to the given city-region. All events appear on the central UKGBC events page.
To support this plan, we have appointed part-time Local Network Coordinators in each city-region, thanks to the generous support of members Chetwoods, Hoare Lea & Cundall who have seconded locally-based staff. This means, for the first time, UKGBC has dedicated capacity outside London.
For more information about our local networks, please contact our individual representatives: